Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-09-2006 , 03:13 PM

Trubble on the Extrude Face or Edge

Please explain me why i get double vertex on Extrude, it is an error on the program, or a Wrong setting?
I have a model that works on the conversions, but When i Extrude faces and edges, i get double vertexes on the same edge. EX: what appears to be a single edge, in fact are 2, with 4 vertexes.
I reffer to the Dog free tutorial part 4, mouth interior, in the tutorial the things work different.
Can anyone illuminate me?

Whe i convert the poligon to subD i get the next error:

// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): Cannot create subdivision surface as the resulting surface would have more base mesh faces (1041) than the maximum allowed (1000).
// To increase maximum allowed, change Maximum Base Mesh Faces in Convert to Subdiv Options. //

Thanks very much.

# 2 08-09-2006 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
maybe its thins setting

go modelling -> polygon ->tool options-> keep faces together (make sure its ticked)
however u will need to re extrude these paerts

for the sub d

go modify convert-> poly to subd option box -> and change Maximum Base Mesh Faces to like 1500 this should allow u to convert if the message comes up agin try a higher value

hopethis helps

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 09-09-2006 , 11:56 AM
Thanks very much.
That was it, so simple that i got to hide somewhere.
All ok now.