Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-05-2006 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber

maya 6.5 opening maya 7 files

i have maya 7 and i have files i have created and want to show him . Is there any way at all ? i know if it is like normal software you cant go backwards compatable . Just wondering if maya is the same way . sorry if stupid question.

# 2 30-05-2006 , 12:06 AM
I think Maya 6.5 can open Maya 7 files, not entirely sure though.

But, are you using Maya 7, or Maya 7 PLE? Cause if you are using the PLE, then you wont be able to open normal Maya files.

# 3 30-05-2006 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber
it an but u have to edit the file - its really easy though

in maya 7 save the files in asci format .ma instead of binary .mb

ok now open this in something like wordpad or note pad but wordpad isbetter as it breaks the lines

now in the first few lines where it says maya 7.0 change to maya 6.0 (6.0 as 6.5 will open these files) it may say requires maya X.X but change to 6.0 and save it

then open in maya 6.5 and it should work fine

if u get stuck ask for more help here

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973