Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-04-2007 , 11:56 AM

another newbie havin problem with rendering

First of all, hello, a great website I must admit user added image Awesome job.

Downloaded "the basic human form" tutorial at first and while I was messing around with it I decided to give a break (believe it or not I've been doing that tutorial for 5 days now and I'm still at part 3.. you can call me stupid:/)

So I downloaded the bouncing ball animation tutorial which was great. and then watched the rendering tutorial because I had no clue about rendering an animation.

and here's my problem, I've done everything that's been said in that Rendering tutorial and it seems I'm still doing something wrong...
I tried rendering the animation using the options Maya Software, Maya Hardware, Maya Vector and mental ray and each time I got images that were sort of... oh well I'll upload one

user added image

the black area is the area in which there are objects.
I've tried several formats.. tga, PSD, png, tif and quicktime movie.. the tga, PSD, png and tif image looks like the above one and the quicktime movie is the video form of the above image in colors red and green.

if anyone could help me solve this problem, I'd be really grateful. I'm sure its just some silly box I haven't checked somewhere or sth like that. but I can't find what it is and its driving me mad user added image
thank you for your time.

edit: and sorry if this same problem has been posted before but I searched around and couldn't find anything like this.

Last edited by yazmataz; 06-04-2007 at 12:02 PM.
# 2 06-04-2007 , 01:12 PM
Perhaps your object isnt properly lighted. user added image

Does it look okey on your render view but not when you save it?

# 3 06-04-2007 , 01:54 PM
I feel really dumb :headbang:
Thanks mate, seems that was the problem

# 4 06-04-2007 , 01:59 PM
Hehe, you learn by doing mistakes. user added image

And if the tutorial is to advanced for you, just do a easier one and go back to the old one when you feel ready. user added image

# 5 06-04-2007 , 03:11 PM
Nah, its not hard, well I guess not, it was the first tutorial I started.
but I just try to make everything perfect.. which takes a lot of time.
Well anyway, rendered that 2 second long bouncing ball thing and got back to that human tutorial haha.
Thanks again user added image