Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 06-05-2004 , 08:58 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Cb8rwh

Yeah, I do the modelling with 2 other guys but we also have to produce the actual strip itself!! And a couple of other guys do the football strip for Saturdays!! So sometimes the models are literally 'Bashed' together to make the deadline for the end of the day. We try and reserve Fridays for cool stuff you know, a bit of r+d. I'm busy at the moment rigging a brand new football player!! And my good friend Ticky is building the entire environment around the Stadium, and it looks damn impressive!!

Anyway heres an update on the Alien guy, been putting in some creases on the clothing and just finished the hand textures, but you cant really see in this grab though!!

Jango

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 08-05-2004 , 09:26 PM
Sounds like a great job. How long have you been there?

# 33 08-05-2004 , 09:33 PM
Since September last year, but I originally did Striker for four years, did a couple of issues of its comic after it left the paper, but thats another story, but yeah its a good job and and we all enjoy it there. Have fun and enjoy yourself, what more could you ask!!!

# 34 09-05-2004 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
do you work in the Sun newspaper offices themselves? Get to meet page 3 girls heheh - what a job!!!

cheers

Rich
# 35 09-05-2004 , 11:03 AM
Ha Ha!! Yeah sometimes if you're lucky. I saw one back in November outside the offices in a bikini advertising something waving at traffic. It was bloody freezing!!! She was a good girl though!!!

# 36 10-05-2004 , 07:53 PM
Hi Guys

All Finished!!! Its going in the finished section!!!!

Thanks for your interest, to those of you who have taken your time once again to crit and comment my work. On to the my next character!!!

over and out for now, but I'll be around lurking in the forums.

Jango