Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-05-2004 , 01:54 PM
Subscriber

The makin' of a -=HOT BABE=-

As I said in my previous wip....Iam going to learn how to model a human body... and since here at sm they have a polyfemale tut... Im going to try to make a high res female polygon model out of it...so all this transulated in two words.....

-=HOT BABE=-

The makin' of a -=HOT BABE=- (polygon)
bare with me!

I started with the upperbody and will keep it for now...
I want to go further with the legs and that if I have the body ruffly done...Im going to try to make it more detailing after that...

please feel free to give me some good c&c on thisone!

Attached Thumbnails

# 2 23-05-2004 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber
I just made these legs and attached it to the model and the basic of the body is practically done....
As I look at my render I see that HOTBABE still needs some tweeks here and there ...

The next thing I'll do is tweek those vertexes abit to get the presize result according to my refimage and I'll start to giv' her details... (not that much tough, cause she's going to wear something...I don't know what yet but let's not get to exited..user added image....yet)

Well the couple of days I have school again so maybe the end of the week I can trow you mates a render....

GreetZzz RanSIcK:bandit:

Attached Images

Last edited by ransick; 23-05-2004 at 07:17 PM.
# 3 23-05-2004 , 07:25 PM
Subscriber
Nice work, she is hot user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 4 23-05-2004 , 08:01 PM
she has a nice body, great job.
I have to next couple of days school and don't have time to model my character. 2 weeks more and then the summer holidaday user added image .
Keep up the good work!

Noo0ooB... beginner... novice... newby... I'am new ! ! !

VERY BAD ENGLISH !
# 5 23-05-2004 , 08:30 PM
belly is flat...

get some better reference user added image)

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.
# 6 23-05-2004 , 09:23 PM
Coming along very nicely ransick, I think it looks great so far! Keep it up!

-------------------------------------------
# 7 23-05-2004 , 09:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Ransick

Looks promising, Keep it up!!!

Jango

# 8 23-05-2004 , 10:59 PM
let me explain what i mean. The really hot ones like one you are making are watching their weight, right?
They really make you see where the ribs end and belly starts. Either one pops out or the other user added image
In your model the flat belly starts from the very boobs. And this is what im pointing out

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.
# 9 23-05-2004 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber
thanks all for the positive vibe!

Yo Jack

thanks for the explaining! I understand what your point is!
What you are telling me is my next step....add detail! so the belly is the first thing I will do! btw ...good point about that their watching their weight... you remind me to give extra attation on the hotspots of the body!
Keep in tutch! I will send some updates in a few days so you can take a look at my progress! thanks man

cya'll latrr

# 10 24-05-2004 , 06:12 PM
Nicely done! I ended up buyin a so called excellent book on character modelling -> animation.. "Maya Characater Animation" By: Jae-Jin Choi..so ill be either tryin to make it work with my Optimus model, or be working on even another project user added image I believe itll help buff up my poly modelling skills as well as touch some more on SubD's and NURBS..

Anywho, the body looks great so far, i don't have that critical of an eye yet, but ill try to help.,maybe giving her a belly button :p .. Suggestions would be to maybe tone some of the muscles a little later, and perhaps define the back a little bit to show her spine, where it dents in on some areas? *touches his back* .. yeah i think it does that. .anywwho, keep it up, love it!

eat the corn--
# 11 24-05-2004 , 10:46 PM
shes sapposed to be thin(please dont make her anerexic thin). Maybe show a little of her shoulder blades, arch her back more, and accentuate the abdomen, trim, not fit. So slim, slight detail of the muscles. no 6 pack or stuff like that. belly buttons a good idea too.

# 12 27-05-2004 , 12:59 AM
ransick, you think you can e-mail me the tut.. you are using.
great model so far, keep it up.

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

# 13 27-05-2004 , 08:28 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Kazama

Check out Michael Rogers website for a body tutorial as well, its a good one!!

Ransick, more updates dude, inquiring minds wanna know!!!

Jango

# 14 28-05-2004 , 12:10 AM

# 15 28-05-2004 , 06:32 AM
Subscriber
yo twisted dragon!
thanks for your advice! I can do something with it... I like the fact you say that I don't need to make her anerexia thin....cause that's exactlly what I didn't want to do with her! I will show you on the next update ....maybe you can look at the porportions to see how you like it...
thanks again...will keep it further in mind user added image

ej Kazama

I just used the low poly character tut of Michael Mckinley...
...the only thing I did was makin' more poly's with the splittool and went back and forth from poly to subD... (i got shortcuts user added image)and tried to make less triangles as possible... (right now Im at two triagles in the model user added image)
but there's is a link you could consider trying out...I will mail you that...It's worth a look user added image

...Jango!...

you are right! I do need to update hehe but I was kinda stuck doing the front part of the model but right now im busy doing the hands and feet...(boots actually)
I will update as soon Im done with that....will take a while though...
thanks for the respond all!! im lovin'it!