Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-03-2005 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

Glowing Paint Effects

I have a bit of a strange problem, I have two scenes. One full of my geometry and one with my paint effects and i'm going to try and combine the two. The only problem I have is that my paint effect is glowing and looking really naff. All my shaders in the hypershade are turned to black hole so I can't see what's doing it. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Attached Images

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 2 21-03-2005 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber
For the black holes, I suspect it's due to the scenes being combined, but the texture location not be updated. Check the texture file location in the attribute editor and make sure they point to where the files are actually located.

Sorry, but no idea on the glowing PFX... user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 21-03-2005 , 06:04 PM
Subscriber
Thank you for your interest, the black hole effect was delebrate. It's actually an alpha channel. The motion blur of the animation forced me to make a seperate scene for the paint effects and to render it all without the motion blur and then composite the two together ... when I fix the glowing.

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 4 21-03-2005 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
ahh, sorry, misunderstood the problem.

# 5 21-03-2005 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber
That's ok mate, as yet your the only one who has shown an intrest in the promlem user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 6 21-03-2005 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber
did each scene have their own lighting set up? You may be getting cumulative ligthing as the lights from both scenes are now in a single scene.

# 7 22-03-2005 , 07:42 AM
Subscriber
Luckly not, it's just the same scene but this one has all the matte options turned to 'black hole'. I did try putting 'shaderglow1's glow intensity and halo intensity down to 0 but that made no change. I do really like this paint effect, it has a lovely dark green so this is anoying me a little noe user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 8 22-03-2005 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
I just thought I would let you know that I found the problem, I got thinking after mhcannon mentioned the lights. So I went back and deleted the lights and rendered and it turned out just fine.

Just in case anyone else out there has a simular problem user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog