Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-02-2006 , 09:23 AM

Just Curious...

Ok, this is only Maya 'related' but I'm, curious to see if anyone has any ideas about this.

I recently bought a copy of Alias's 'Learning Maya 7, Foundation' :

https://www.alias.com/glb/eng/product...itemId=4700005

Part of the deal with this book is a free copy of Sketchbook Pro, which is installed and is a pretty useful bit of kit in terms of... well... sketching!

My problem comes when upon opening it I'm told 'This is a demo version that you can use for 15 days or enter a registration code'. I search through the disc, no code to be found. I email Alias, no reply, no surprises there then! So one of two things is happening here.

Either I've overlooked something glaringly obvious or...

Alias are having a laugh! On the cover of the book, where it says in bright red letters 'Free Software' it also states 'US $199.99 Value'. I don't know about you people but I've never been charged $199.99 to use a demo version, and if they're refering to how much you have to pay to register then the whole thing has been very badly worded and is very misleading.

Anyone else bought the book or got any thoughts on this?

# 2 03-02-2006 , 07:23 PM
umm i have the book since last week.. will have a look did not install it yet.