Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-08-2006 , 07:16 PM

contiguous edges are for?

i found this command: select contiguous edges and i tried experimenting with it lol but i can't figure what it does and when do u usually use it? at what tigh situations?

edit: nvm lol i just found the answer in my Alias maya book.

:p

~The Computer Is A Moron~

Last edited by relikz; 17-08-2006 at 07:24 PM.
# 2 19-08-2006 , 09:52 PM
selecting edge loops.. personally i think its crap that they need to build two tools one for border edges and one for continues edges :zzz:

# 3 19-08-2006 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by pixelsoul
selecting edge loops.. personally i think its crap that they need to build two tools one for border edges and one for continues edges :zzz:

there is the select border edges tool.

new in maya 7 is the ability to right click on components to bring up a nifty pop up menu.

so select an edge and hold ctrl then right click.

# 4 19-08-2006 , 10:54 PM
yes that is what i said.. they make 2 tools for one function it's stupid.. atleast maya 8 has one extrude function now :zzz:

Maybe with v9 we will have highlighting and tweaking :angery: