Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-08-2011 , 02:59 PM

guys please help its a serious problem regarding ramp texture

hi guys anyone please help me i'm trying to apply a ramp texture to a bullet in my maya scene but it won't work, it worked with the other bullet in my scene but not with this one it shows a pink transparent color when i try to do this i'm attaching my scene file & a snapshot file & i created these subdivision bullets by using revolve, i tried to delete history & almost tried everything (i'm a newbie) i can so please help me out as soon as possible i'm going mad about this from a week

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
File Type: zip bullets_ramp_problem.zip (42.2 KB, 223 views)
# 2 17-08-2011 , 05:58 PM
Technical Director
Save it out as a .ma file and I'll take a look.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 17-08-2011 , 06:29 PM

thanx 4 the reply bt sorry to tell u it din't work out . . .

i tried to save the file as .ma & then applied still no luck, can u suggest any other way to solve this prob . . . ?
any help wud be appreciated . . .

# 4 17-08-2011 , 06:36 PM
SM Tea Boy
He meant save it as an .ma and re-upload it at the moment only people with Maya 2012 can help you unless you upload a .ma.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 17-08-2011 , 06:53 PM
sorry my bad i'm uploading as .ma now . . .

Attached Files
File Type: zip bullets_ma.zip (50.7 KB, 203 views)
# 6 17-08-2011 , 11:47 PM
Technical Director
Much better. It's because there are no UVs on the left object. Right click, and choose faces. Select all of them. Go to the surfaces menu set, and under Subdiv Surfaces, go to texture, and the planar mapping option box. Set the mapping direction to the Z axis, and set the image rotation to 90.

Hope this helps.

# 7 18-08-2011 , 01:19 AM
yup that solved the problem thans alot next design . . .

# 8 18-08-2011 , 02:20 AM
Technical Director
Glad to help mate.