Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-12-2002 , 05:57 AM
Subscriber

Flaming sword

I went ahead and followed the Sword tutorial and then for added effects used the flamethrower tutorial to make a flame around the blade. It turned out better than I thought so I decided to post it for all to see.

And now I'm off to bed!:banana:

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 10-12-2002 , 06:38 AM
Subscriber
Hey, that's pretty nice. I like that.

Steven C.
# 3 10-12-2002 , 09:34 AM
Kevin
GateKeeper that is excellent! you have combined the vip tutorials with great effect!! and a nice idea!

well done mate...great progress, I like to see the tutorials of some use!

# 4 10-12-2002 , 09:34 AM
Kevin
btw... render out a bigger one, and it to our gallery mate!

# 5 10-12-2002 , 02:38 PM
Subscriber
sure thing Kev.

~GateKeeper
# 6 11-12-2002 , 09:24 AM
Subscriber
now thats cool... one suggestion though, might wanna add flame to the whole "steel thing"... would make it more "reallistic"

# 7 14-12-2002 , 03:15 AM
Subscriber
Other than what tariqrf says above I love the look of this piece. I wonder if you could have the flame trailing slightly above the tip of the blade and curl a bit.

Nicely done!
user added image

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 8 09-04-2003 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
coooool!!! Where are those tuts? I saw that fire ring tut here, but not sword. Can you post link?

# 9 09-04-2003 , 07:05 PM
I like it. But maybe have the fire rolling off the gaurd more. And possibly make some sort of stand or a pedistaluser added image.. or is it hovering O.O

# 10 09-04-2003 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
The fire was created using the flamethrower tutorial and putting the emitter at the base of the blade. The sword tutorial is a two parter. They are located in the VIP section under:

Modeling - sword (all parts
texturing - sword part 2 (A continuation of the modeled sword)
Effects - Flamethrower

Hope this helps Zocky.

Twisteddragon33: I was pretty much following the tuts to get some experience. So I never modeled anything around it. In hindsight if I gave the particles a longer lifespan the sword would have flame all the way up instead of "burning out" towards the end. You can see the final rendering in the gallery. But thanks for the input. user added image

~GateKeeper
# 11 10-04-2003 , 05:24 AM
The handle MUST be made bigger! You use a weapon with a handle that skinny would be imposible. Imagine useing a pencil, to swing around somthing made os solid metal, the size of your arm.

Other than that, yeah, extend the fire, and you have a good peice.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 12 10-04-2003 , 05:28 AM
Subscriber
Man, really nice stuff.. i like this blade a lot. Does the fire follow dynamics at all, like if you wanted to show it slashing would the flames stick right to the sword, or kinda fade out into the air in the way its being sliced? Render out a slash in progress and that would be sweet user added image. Anyways, yea.. thats great that you combined VIP tuts to make a really great render. Thanks for sharing it with us user added image, you have inspired me to watch those.. lol.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 13 10-04-2003 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Ultragames
The handle MUST be made bigger! You use a weapon with a handle that skinny would be imposible. Imagine useing a pencil, to swing around somthing made os solid metal, the size of your arm.

Maybe it's a....magic sword!

user added image

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 14 10-04-2003 , 01:54 PM
Subscriber
M - The fire is made up of particles so it would follow the emitter wherever it goes but I don't think it would follow the sword that well at all. I think I would have to put in some sort of collision or another effect to the particles to get it to follow the blade.

I havent touched this piece in a while but what the hell! I'll extend the fire and fatten the handle up as soon as I get done with the other four school related projects I have to do. Might be sometime next week but I'll get it up.

~GateKeeper
# 15 10-04-2003 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
user added image, thats the way!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com