Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-01-2004 , 11:14 PM

IS THIS A BUG or am i just an idiot??

when you press spacebar over a viewport it should maximize the port and show what ever is in it.

-my maya maximizes and nothing shows up on screen.

-seems like the objects get invisible some how

-solution. would be to press the play button or select change from object to component mode for any object to show up.

-the only view that works right is top view.

-it started doing this after i installed the patch for maya 5

-is there a setting that it changed when i updated? or is it just a bug?

THANX

i bent my wookie!
# 2 31-01-2004 , 11:38 PM
The Maya Mountain
This has been mentioned quite often so far. The best I can figure is it is an issue with the latest drivers of GeForce graphics cards. Let me know if you aren't using a GeForce.

# 3 01-02-2004 , 07:57 PM
Yeah I have that same problem, but I am using a GeForce card. The only way i can get the things to show up when the screen is blank is by just dragging a box with my mouse until it selects something and then everyhting appears. So that works for me cause I can't figure out how to fix it.

# 4 01-02-2004 , 09:21 PM
Yeah i'm using a geforce 4 tI200. must be the new drivers or the patch.

who knows, hopefully they will fix it before i start growing grey hair and have to be feed through tubes.

i bent my wookie!
# 5 07-02-2004 , 05:42 AM
Seems the best solution that people have come up with for this is to revert back to the older drivers.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu