Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 13-11-2005 , 07:19 PM
After effects would be the way forward for that. Think I saw a tutorial out there on exactly that, also saw one about how to create a fight scene with yourself!

Just strted to get my head together with AE and use it for something more than simple composition of layers

# 47 19-11-2005 , 02:43 PM
ok ok, enough of that. go on with the droideka please :attn:

i'm new. where's the bathroom?

check it out www.dahwan.com
# 48 20-11-2005 , 10:02 AM
ok added the lights and completed the undersite of the head ( best visible from the site) now i finally start with the arms...

Attached Thumbnails
# 49 22-11-2005 , 09:04 PM
i started the arm...im soo slow in modeling because i want to have it as acurrate as possible.
DOes anyone know tutorials about how to rig such a Model? i think it is know how a Droideka moves in Star Wars i assume...
thx in advance!!!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Dragonhawk; 22-11-2005 at 09:07 PM.
# 50 03-12-2005 , 08:32 AM
There a dozens of small tutorials freely available on the web for creating light saber effects.

But you will find the fastest way is to use your nearest compositing software.

Make sure to read up on motion tracking and track point location, it will save you a ton of time, unless you plan to roto every frame.

VD

p.s. I personally liked the color changes, it look almost like the red clone trooper color scheme.

# 51 06-12-2005 , 07:29 AM
a lightsaber effect in maya is really easy. I have done one here
user added image

basically just take a cyllender, stretch it out to make it the lightsaber shape. select it's color to be off white (if it's a blue saber add a little blue, but it shouldn't be noticeable, if red saber make red, etc...) then select that same color in the incandesance. then duplicate that cyllender. Make scale it a little thicker than the original, hide the source nad put on a new saber. Select the color of hte saber in the color node and put up the glow. Instant lightsaber.

# 52 06-12-2005 , 11:26 PM
I think you are doing a good work, but i think the renders are too dark to get a better feeling of the modeling details user added image

Im enjoying it.

PIXELDISFUNCTION.COM

Pelican spaceship
# 53 07-12-2005 , 03:34 PM
Yeah the lightsaber effect is easy user added image i did this in 20min and i'm a noob, been using maya for 2 weeks. with no help at all.

mark Julain Borg - Master Yoda.

Can ANYONE help me create the face of master yoda? seriosly. or everyone does a bit. what you think guys because i'm really into doing a yoda in mayabut i never succeed user added image (still a noob -2 weeks maya usage user added image)

thanks again

Attached Thumbnails

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg