Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-09-2003 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber

Need to be read

don`t know what`s appening, arround a year ago every body comment every body`s thread`s.
I don`t speak just for me, we can see here lots of good and less good work but i think all deserve some kind of backup.

(forgive my english, you can do what ever you like with this post)

Life is lived forward but only understood backward

Last edited by luistlf; 02-10-2003 at 02:54 PM.
# 2 30-09-2003 , 02:58 PM
Yeah, I kind of feel the same. I guess it's because the number of posts per day has increased a lot in the last few months. Threads get buried under new threads. Kind of shame but what can you do? One thing would be cut the crap and focus only on what's this site is about but then again; We don't want to be tight asses either, do we? user added image

Cheer up mate. Looking forward to see more of your work.
user added image

I know I am guilty of viewing other ppl's work and not commenting on them...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 30-09-2003 , 06:44 PM
Sadly, I'm guilty of that toouser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 30-09-2003 , 08:14 PM
Me too.
Will work to improve it.

# 5 30-09-2003 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
Thank`s a lot for the reply`s, that`s allready an improvemnet user added image, what about if we all try to make some effort to change :thumbsup: , give support to those who contribuit to this forum with great works and help others with less good works.
I think we MUST say "that`s great, great job, love it, amazing work...) to those o deserve it an for those o such work is not so good i think there is no point to say "nice, cool, like it..." that`s all crapp, we sholud instead try to help telling what`s wrong, what they sould change etc...again like i said i see no point in posting in a forum if people dont beave like this.

user added image for those o bother :thumbsup:

# 6 30-09-2003 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
please, someone who as the means to do it please forward this post.user added image

# 7 30-09-2003 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
user added image

Last edited by luistlf; 30-09-2003 at 11:25 PM.
# 8 30-09-2003 , 11:21 PM
Dude, chill out though.

I understand your point, and I´m sure most here do, they just don´t feel like giving an opinion on it.

# 9 01-10-2003 , 01:51 AM
Subscriber
Saddly I havent been able to contribute much in the last month and a half. But when I was here every day, It was always awesome as far as feedback and help goes. has it changed that much? I hope not, I love this place!

# 10 01-10-2003 , 02:04 AM
I dont think it has changed that much.... KB brings up a good point in the last month or so we are growing at very fast rate and a lot of the post are asking similar questions which inturn I have noticed a lot more refer to this thread for answer. I sure some post get over looked at times but as a whole most questions are looked after.

I know that I've not been posting as much due to the fact that im just finishing my reel after 9 months of work and have a lot of things going on with freelancing, trying to find a full time gig and on top of that to make sure I spend quality time with the most important thing in my life my wife.

I do try and make sure I answer any real question out there that I have the means to help out on.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 11 01-10-2003 , 07:56 AM
Kevin
well if you want to change things then you need to start with yourself, why dont you comment on peoples work and then link to your own asking them if they now would like to help you out?

Best regards

me

# 12 02-10-2003 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
That`s exactly what i am trying to do Kevin, thanks user added image

Best regards:thumbsup:

# 13 02-10-2003 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
Just one more thing i have to say, as you`ve closed the other thread i didn`t had the chance to reply to mtmckinley.
Everybody has the right to make mistakes, say things they regrat later, i never said i didn`t like this forum, don`t you ever feel the need to :argue: , sorry if i offend anyone.
Kevin: i like this forum, i like the people and feels good helping the community, that`s what i was trying to do and that`s why i bought many videos here.(and i didn`t need because you can find all those videos all over the web.)

That lol@mtmckinley was not very nice :saywhat:

Last edited by luistlf; 03-10-2003 at 09:24 AM.