Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-10-2002 , 02:17 AM

facial animation example and download!!!

Hi all,

The previous thread entitled 'facial animation' inspired me to upload a scene that I created last year at UNI. The scene will hopefully be downloadable from Simply Maya (1.75mg in RAR format) for all to play with.

The file is called 'Bruno_Head.rar' and consists of a fully functioning head with eyes, teeth, tongue for animation.

The scene has about 25 blenshapes all procedurally connected through SDK to create some cool expressions accessible via the character nodes and middle mouse button with the channel box.

The head consists of a character node called 'head',
and two other subcharacter nodes underneath for the mouth and eyes.

Tongue is a separate character as is the look at node.

Open trax editor to select character nodes (then create shelf buttons or marking menus to make later selections easier).

There is also a Smooth poly node on the head mesh.

I created subcharacters as mentioned in the facial animation thread so as to layer muscle movements on top of the base poses. I have not setup the head for lip sync as this animation was about exploring non verbal communication via facial expressions and body language, etc...

Here is some stills from the short animation 'Unity'

https://www.geocities.com/jimbo3d2002...?1034434965904

Waffle, waffle, waffle.........

Enjoy!!!!

re Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....

Last edited by Jim; 12-10-2002 at 02:25 PM.
# 2 12-10-2002 , 02:23 AM

re facial animation example and download!!!

Hi all,

To avoid any confusion,

there is no animation in the scene file (previously 2500 frames worth) but,
more importantly (I think) a scene for you to explore character setup and bring to life yourself.

re Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 3 12-10-2002 , 02:27 AM
Supreme Being
i'm quite sure that many here at SM will love it.. (includin' me.. hehe) :p
thnx m8..

# 4 12-10-2002 , 02:51 AM
SM Tea Boy
Jim i don't know if you've talked to Kevin yet but if you need hosting gimming a shout ill upload it to one of the simplymaya servers for you user added image

In fact if you need a private space on the simplymaya FTP server for stuff like this as iv seen you posting this sort of think b4 and its not really fair you host it yourself gimmie a shout and ill set you up an account and PM you a username and pass for the ftp server

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 12-10-2002 , 06:46 AM
Kevin
I have it here Dave, Jim uploaded it last night.

As soon as we have the other server set.... I will put it there.

# 6 11-11-2002 , 08:37 PM

Where to find?

Hello there,

Where can I find the example file of Jim?

regards

# 7 12-11-2002 , 12:01 PM
Kevin
We have only just moved to the new server so have not had time to do this... Jim is going to be sending me the file again so I can upload it and I deleted the other one in mistake

# 8 13-11-2002 , 09:48 AM
Kevin
The Bruno zip is available here