Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-11-2005 , 05:15 PM

Maya primitive sphere problem/bug? (images)

So I just began learning Maya, and I'm trying to follow some tutorial videos (ie. the dog on here). Well, I start out placing the sphere in my scene, then I rotate the end sweep to the back and down, as the tutorial video shows. Then he proceeds with grabbing some nurbs and morphing the sphere and such. When I do this, the end of my sphere gets all messed up. I've tried everything, and the only way I can get it to not mess up is by rotating the sphere a different way. But this puts the end points (top and bottom of the sphere) in the z-axis (facing the sceen), when they should be on the x-axis (left-right). I've posted some screenshots below to make this a little clearer. I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it's quite annoying.

Put the sphere in my scene:
user added image

Rotate the end sweep back(right) and down:
user added image

Grab the nurbs I'm about to morph:
user added image

Pull them left as the video does, notice the glitch?
user added image

# 2 23-11-2005 , 05:21 PM
yes i think it only looks that way.. i had this too but when rendering or changing view and put it on highest view mode i think it was 3 or 6 then it was gone user added image