Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-08-2008 , 04:44 PM
Subscriber

mirror geometry??

HI i have made a shoe with laces, etc...have converted everything to polygons that was previously nurbs, and grouped it and froze the transformation and modified center pivot and grouped it...all i want is a reflection of the shoe group for the right foot...if i try mirror geomety it only mirrors like one piece?? i dont know how else to do it? thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-08-2008 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
Just do a 'Duplicate Special' and change the scale to -1 in X.

Chris

# 3 08-08-2008 , 05:24 PM
Subscriber
thanks , but the picture that is in this post is the result of a duplicate special with -1 x.???

# 4 08-08-2008 , 05:54 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Select the shoe group. Hit ctrl D (duplicate).. Then hit Ctrl G to group the new shoe. Then in the channel box type -1 in the Scale X channel.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"