Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 28-07-2009 , 09:45 PM
Subscriber
i didn't even know there were different building materials until you pointed it out :p

i wonder why you have to climb down two chains to get to the pipe that you walk along as well...

i think the building materials are there for a purpose on purpose... (as everything is in games and movies, except for bugs)
makes it look more.... <adjective> (i dont know what the word(s) is(are))

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 17 28-07-2009 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
it makes it look more cluttered, grimey and bodged. lol also adds a little more interest with more textures. 2 chains i think were purely for the animation as cloud wouldnt have been able to climb down 1 with the simple geo and simplified animation. I remember him forming this H shape with his arms n legs to climb stuff lol.

On a side note ive just found out that FF7:AC is out on bluray now with an extra 20 mins of footage! Come on payday!!

# 18 28-07-2009 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
oh is it out in england now?

hope it comes here soon then!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 19 31-07-2009 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
ok quick update just got all the gears left to model. Wont have time this weekend as im off to london but expect something mid next week user added image

Link to the piccy!

Ive used a link as the res is a little high and im being too lazy to scale it down lol.

T

# 20 31-07-2009 , 07:45 PM
hard working ! nice results ! very good hard surface modeling ! Nothing more to say !
user added image

# 21 07-08-2009 , 09:27 AM
Subscriber
Hey so just a post to say this project is still alive just real life gets in the way sometimes!

Just about finished the modeling and starting to work on texturing. dont think im gonna bother UV texturing anything as it would just take too long. so next update will have pics and hopfully a few materials worked out.

This is actually my worst area so i may be asking for help on more complex textures. user added image

T

EDIT : Added link to the model. Here

Last edited by bigtommyb; 07-08-2009 at 01:57 PM.