Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 46 26-02-2011 , 07:15 AM
Lifetime Member
the blueprints.com dave...has a nice vector profile.

I dont know much about vray...or any ray besides the hot Aussie sun in Perth duckie....37°c again today and 40% humidity! its our 20th day above 30 and all next week 37° plus (I work outdorrs) aaawwwwwwww.

I would however suggest this...put a stage behind it...and I usually use an IBL (probe?) for the light...and have FG on low...it gives it a funky patchy colour..I like it but you might not LOL. For the stage (thanks ctbram) just a plane, extrude 2 edges up and then pick the edges ate the bottom of the wall you created and bevel. Gives it a better contrasting pic...just a suggestion mind you..

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 47 26-02-2011 , 07:25 AM
Lifetime Member
Like this duckie....or similar...this is one of my concepts...a Hunter Killer...render in Mental Ray...FG on low...image based lighting (eucalyptus probe)...stage a nice earthy brown..one spotlight for shadows dunno why but brown seems to work on anything...just a tone change for different models...or it my old/bad eyes...I left it a bit bright I usually turn it down a tad..sorry

dave can you explain to me what you want me to do...e-mail me mate. I would like to have SOME involvement with you guys (noob or not)...even sweeping floors amongst you greats gives me a sense of belonging.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 48 26-02-2011 , 10:24 AM
The thin red line
Just a little update, I think I will have to make the bottom of his jacket and cape with ncloth, Bullet will get back to you tonight...........dave

Edit:I dont know why but I find it harder to model boots and shoes than say a face

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by daverave; 26-02-2011 at 10:55 AM.
# 49 26-02-2011 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber

I dont know why but I find it harder to model boots and shoes than say a face

So do I - I hate feet full stop - Always have.

# 50 26-02-2011 , 12:28 PM
Lifetime Member
aaaaaawwwwwwwwww cmon tweety!!! ruddy hell mate...you KNOW you can do them...LOL

yeh dave no worries

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 51 26-02-2011 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber
dave,
reference is from marvel i believe it was from marvel.wikia.com. i am using the few pic of the plastic model of the page you posted from fantastic plastic.

bullet, if you found something on blueprints.com, let me know. if it is any better than what i got. - only problem is there is 5 versions of blackbird. 2 real: sr-71 blackbird, sr-71b blackbird and 3 x-men blackbird: xjet from each movie - but they are each called blackbird (no version number on them far as i know) user added image well actually 7 versions since the sf-71 has the sister plane yf-12 for each version.

here is what i deal with (as seen in the first screengrab). as you can see the blueprints are not correct - besides the fact that they are fuzzy. but that is as best as i could find after a looong time searching. so i said screw it, and started - gonna have to get details and modifications in from the few pics from the movie.

cheese, duckie (as you brits say) user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by BabyDuck; 26-02-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: small typo
# 52 26-02-2011 , 02:45 PM
The thin red line
I think with models like this where there are few good scale references you just have to do the best you can, I have done the same with magnetos helmet I have not seen how they are joined together so they are not joined.........dave

# 53 26-02-2011 , 05:48 PM
LOL, boots harder than face? I used to hate modeling feet, hands, and ears too so I understand. Nice progress though. The blackbird is looking good too, nice work duckie. I should get some more free time tonight so I'll work on Xavier's body and/or wheelchair. I spent a little bit of time yesterday looking for references. I also searched for some references on storm. I figured I'd model a woman next and who wouldn't want to model Halle Berry right?

My son now wants me to model him too haha.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 54 26-02-2011 , 06:22 PM
The thin red line
I think I will keep away from modelling the likes of Haily Berry at my time of life could be dangerous, my eye sight is bad as it is.........LOL.......dave

# 55 26-02-2011 , 10:23 PM
Lifetime Member
no duckie...all I could find were for the actual blackbird mate,,,nothing for thr s-jet and I cant remember which variant it was.

dave, you are right...it would be dangerous

cheers bullet (Im an Aussie duckie) LOL

bullet1968

# 56 27-02-2011 , 10:56 AM
Lifetime Member
hey dave...I know Im not really skilled enough for this BUT...how long is this joint WIP going for? I would like (even if its not accepted) to try and do a Sentinel...it hasnt got too many moving parts really and would be sinple for me as its not really organic....your call...I will try and do a setout pad for the figures and duckies plane tomorrow ok?

With the setout I really need an environment you might like...ie forest/city etc. Perfecto, will Charles be in a wheelchair or have an exoskeletal leg peice as per Wolverines cartoon?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 57 27-02-2011 , 12:35 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Pretty good likeness there perfecto, that bust turned out well. And Magneto is looking good too Dave, and I have to agree feet can be a pain sometimes. It would be cool if you got some animators on board with this, and you all recreated a small 15-30 sec seen from films... maybe you could talk tweety into lending his nightcrawler model.

bullet... lol, I thought you had started calling everyone "duckie" for some strange reason... then I realised we had a "BabyDuck" member with over 1200 posts and I've never heard of him/her in my life... user added image I need to frequent the boards more.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 58 27-02-2011 , 12:44 PM
The thin red line
Good question Bullet
Me personaly would like 2 to 3 months to get all texture about four models but that might be a bit long for some people. Go for it bullet I will help if you need to rig it. will get back to you on the posters making the dinner at the mo.......little update needs more work on the arms let me know what you think.........dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 59 27-02-2011 , 01:13 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL steve...you bugger..no not me mate...I think duckie might just be a lady.

Ok dave...yeh of course I will need your help mate...Im not to crash hot at this stuff yet! I would say the creasing is ok..but please dont go the muscular look...I think comic books go too far with Arnies shape in superbeings...I think Ian and Patrick were actually fitting choices...not so much the 'older' look but they had the maturity and not a steroid junkie body...but still exuded power with their faces and words...if you know what I mean?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 60 27-02-2011 , 02:23 PM
Lifetime Member
Im doing this wrong arent I???

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968