Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-02-2005 , 05:20 AM
Subscriber

Installing 6.5 upgrade from 6.0 problems?

Installing 6.5 upgrade from 6.0 problems?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I purchased the 6.0 Maya productivity pack three weeks ago. Upon receiving it, I installed and requested the proper activation keys and such for my serial #. I have been playing with it fine ever since.

Today I received my 6.5 upgrade which I installed. My problem is that when I run 6.5, I get an error saying:

"Maya 6.5 could not be started because the only available license on this computer is for a previous version of the software. Please use the options below to request and install your new license".

I have the installation that works off the hardware identifier of my ethernet port which is the node locked version. In the installation guide that came with my 6.5 upgrade, it says that I can use the webkey to download license upgrades for 6.5. When I do this and run it, I get an error that says:

"No license found in the input license file".

One of the other options to try is "Install your activation key". It automatically fills in the boxes with the key I received for 6.0.. At the bottom it says I have entered a valid key for 6.0, but at the top when I select OK, it says MAYA 6.5 IS NOW LICENSED. However when I run it, I get the error again that it is not licensed.

I can also try to request another activation key. When I choose this option, I am prompted to enter a serial #. The only one that I have is the one that I received for my 6.0. Should I have received another? When I submit this serial, Alias sends me a key, but of course, it is the same one that I received for my 6.0 Installation so I am back full circle again.

Any advice on which steps I need to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks