Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-10-2008 , 05:45 AM
Head of 3d Admedia

mgs

finally got mgs4 and it got me thinking that hideo kojima has pulled a quick one on us.just how old is solid snake i mean in mgs 3 he was 55 yrs old now shouldnt we be calling old snake great granpa???

# 2 23-10-2008 , 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
He may have gotten older but he's still gangsta as hell lol, I really like stealth games like MGS and tenchu etc, much better than the repetative hack and bash single player action titles, don't get me wrong, co-op shoot em up/blow em ups are fun too.

- Genny
# 3 23-10-2008 , 12:24 PM
I saw some trailers... supposed to be a great game.
I'm going to have to stick to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - My computer won't run anything newer with more then 3 frames per second user added image
(For some areas of SCCT I have to use thermal vision so that my computer won't leg itself to death... user added image - I find it hard to feel sorry about it)

Far Cry 2 went out recently - It's supposed to be the best FPS since Crisis (I remember the first Far Cry - I still want to play it sometimes...)

Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 4 23-10-2008 , 12:26 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Its only for PS3 isnt it, BennyK? I loved the original, i dont think the second one was as good but it wasnt bad (the gameboy colour version isnt half bad either)

# 5 23-10-2008 , 12:40 PM
All the games I mentioned also have a PC version (maybe besides MGS, I'm not sure about it).

Another great game I forgot to mention:

...co-op shoot em up/blow em ups are fun too.

How about hack em' up? (Prince of Persia anyone?) Warrior Within was my favorite. It too is just about the best my computer can run.

Is MGS for PS or for PC as well?
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 6 23-10-2008 , 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Benny, as long as its not a totally brainless single player I'm good. I was really excited about Assassin's Creed, until it pre-ejaculated, total bummer.

- Genny
# 7 23-10-2008 , 02:09 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by BennyK
Is MGS for PS or for PC as well?
Benny

mgs is also on pc, well... i know at least # 2 was, i dont know about the rest :p

# 8 23-10-2008 , 02:29 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Number 1 and 2 are but the rest arnt

# 9 23-10-2008 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by elephantinc
Its only for PS3 isnt it, BennyK? I loved the original, i dont think the second one was as good but it wasnt bad (the gameboy colour version isnt half bad either)

i take it by the original you mean the one for the original playstation

the one on snes is the original

i love the mgs games too, i get sidetracked calling everyone on the codec :p
great conversations

the mgs ac!d games for psp are awesome too. at least the second one is, i never played the first one

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 23-10-2008 , 03:26 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I mean the original metal gear SOLID, not the original metal gear

# 11 25-10-2008 , 02:57 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
i never really used to appreciate games until got into 3d and me and some friends decided to make a game(it was a total disaster,thebugs OMG) it was then that i really appreciate everything on mgs its just pure perfection but as a stealth game i think splinter cell still hold it down-it never has a great story but the gameplay is only something to be mirrored for years to come