Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 10-05-2011 , 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
That's not bad Dave. Completely procedural I'm guessing. The stuff I'm scanning have patterns and whatnot.

- Genny
# 17 10-05-2011 , 04:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
Thanks for all the input guys (and girls)... so I'm hearing wood, dirt, cloth, bumpmaps, skin, hair. Even if you can create something procedurally, I would think it would be easier if you just had the right image, no? Unless of course you're trying to get something very specific for which there's nothing available.

Genny: Out of curiousity, would there be any copyright issues with cloth patterns? Does anyone own a texture if they've created the fabric?

# 18 10-05-2011 , 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
I think that is really tricky. If it's like a polka dotted print or generic stripes then that would be hard if not impossible to copyright. If it's something that has the Gucci logo or some kind of scenery/artwork then I guess that would be different. That's why I think Illustrator is so awesome.user added image

- Genny
# 19 10-05-2011 , 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Oh yeah, by no means am I an expert on copyright, I'm just taking a common sense approach to it so don't quote meh on it.

- Genny
# 20 10-05-2011 , 06:15 PM
EduSciVis-er
You mean you can't be my lawyer when I get sued? user added image