Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-05-2005 , 12:07 PM

Hello and some noob questions

hi

i have been messing with modeling for about a yeah on and off still aint no good hopefully u guys can help,started with unreal 2004 and ended up here.i surpose i just want to better my modeling skills and texturing for use in game but the more i get into maya the more i find myself going of in other directions.

I have started your frog tuturial but when i go to scale the lower jaw after deleting the top section the scale tool is out of line.

i have downloads the lowpolygon female body tut user added image
but i cant find any decent image plains on the net can some one point me in the right direction.

i would like to no how to get the liquid metal looking affect they have on the space ship in star wars i think its a jedi ship in the new films, if anyone nows a tut for this can u link me ?

niceone
Dragon013

# 2 25-05-2005 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber

Re: Hello and some noob questions

Originally posted by Dragon013
i have downloads the lowpolygon female body tut user added image
but i cant find any decent image plains on the net can some one point me in the right direction.

https://www.3d.sk

# 3 26-05-2005 , 05:39 AM
For liquid metal you need to create a shader... if your ship is in an environment then you can turn on reflection and have it raytrace reflections off of every damn thing in the room. It'll suck up your processor power and make renders take a while...

If Maya supports Cubemaps/Spheremaps that'll also be helpful... but I'm not sure if it does.