Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 06-06-2007 , 03:40 PM
Jr.Who
Is it just me, or are the legs a tad too long? user added image

# 32 09-06-2007 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
Yeah they are abit to long or the body is abit to small :p

# 33 09-06-2007 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber
Heres abit of an update on the rigging, Close to animating this baby, woo!

still gotta clean up some channels on this rig, attach it to geometry and paint weights and soo forth, you know the drill user added image

Heres a quick screenshot ...

Marlon J

user added image

# 34 14-06-2007 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
Hey guys, heres a little humping action i just created in a short amount of time ... started weighting though i am going to redo it tomorrow soo it is much better user added image

www.marlonjohn.com/hump_action.avi

Marlon J

# 35 20-06-2007 , 05:37 AM
Subscriber
hey guys, heres what ived been working on for the past week for about, abit over 2 hours ... love to receive a comment and your thoughts on this, thanks.

www.marlonjohn.com/backflip.avi

cheers, marlon

# 36 20-06-2007 , 06:38 AM
Jr.Who
IÕve never seen a backflip before in real life, so the only thing I can say is that it looks good.

# 37 20-06-2007 , 07:21 AM
Looks pretty good
but I think the backflip could be a bit better because usually when you jump in the air you turn faster then just before you hit the ground user added image
your character turns a bit slow, and then when he realises he's not going to make it he speeds up
(I'm not gonna try it, but I don't think I would be able to do so)

...but that was when I ruled the world
# 38 24-06-2007 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
@ Jr.Who - thanks man user added image

@ Freaky-Freeky - thanks also man, haha yeah i also agree with your crit ... gonna edit the scale/timeline so it flows much better user added image

any other comments people ... crit all you want user added image

Marlon J

# 39 24-06-2007 , 08:08 PM
Nice going Marlon

I would say that you could do with extending the legs more before take off, that way it would add more weight to the movement.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 40 11-07-2007 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber
hi
to the back flip i would say that you should try to make here more "ball" like, when you do a backflip (or any other flip ect) you must get as round as possible so the rotation goes faster (every thing should get as close the the pivot point)
but nice animation :attn:

to the hump the chest dosnt move move enough and the hip moves to much

nice work user added image cheeers m8

"If some thing is hard to do it isnt worth doing"
# 41 14-07-2007 , 03:22 AM
Subscriber
Nice work, Marlonjohn! The hump action in particular is very convincing (if crass, but who cares! :-) ). The back flip is very nice too, but a character backflipping would not land in the exact same spot! Have the character's feet land a couple of feet behind where they were originally planted and I'll wager it looks a lot more convincing! Again, the basic action is very nicely done!

I do hope you will share more with us as you finish it!

"Ad astra per aspera..."