Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-01-2003 , 08:08 PM

University degree advice?

I've applied to two degree course. The first is a BA Computer Animation course at Teesside University (Middlesbrough, UK) and the second a BA Computer Visualisation & Animation course at Bournemouth University (Brounemouth, UK).

I wanna know if anyone here has taken any of these, of know someone who has. And are the facilities good...etc Just need a bit advice.

# 2 23-01-2003 , 10:31 PM
As far as I'm aware the Bournemouth course is the best in the country. They have regular lectures by staff at ILM and (i believe) Alias|Wavefront

I've also applied for the Bournemouth one too

# 3 23-01-2003 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
Yeah Bournemouth is the one you want so im told. Its a unique course. It's both creative and scientific based so u need a good level of maths - while at the same time making sure u have a broad portfolio. Im soon finishing my degree in Multimedia Design (in Leicester). Cant wait! Its taken its toll on me lol

Good luck with ur applications btw

# 4 24-01-2003 , 01:08 AM
SM Alumni

Im soon finishing my degree in Multimedia Design (in Leicester). Cant wait! Its taken its toll on me lol

I know the feeling.. this time last year I was in the same boat (but different uni user added image ) - is one hell of a feeling once its all done and dusted. Is also nice to have the luxury of sleeping again...

The Teeside course has got a pretty reasonable reputation too - second to Bournemouth I believe its one of the longest running animation degrees in the uk.. I have a friend who went there a few years back and he said good things about it.

With Bournemouth I think they want to see both very strong artistic and math skills in applicants as its quite a technical course.
One of our forum members (cant remember which one) is studying there at the moment - hopefully he'll see this thread and offer us some enlightenment user added image

# 5 25-01-2003 , 12:35 AM
cool, thank for the info

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....