Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-01-2003 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

Drawing, something i lack

Hey, I can do all types of digital artwork, but when it comes to drawing on paper i truly suck. When i work in 3d I can visualise it and tweak things properly to make it look good. Just when I try to draw a 3d view of a character on 2d i just fail. Is this a ability you should have if you are a 3d designer? If anyone knows some great books in which i can learn from basics to an intermediate/advanced level i would greatly appreciate it. (or videos). Thanks.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 26-01-2003 , 07:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
it definitely doesn't hurt to have some rudimentary drawing ability. I'm not exactly the greatest 2D artist, but I'm able to get ideas on paper to use as reference, with which I can then expound on in 3D.

# 3 26-01-2003 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
All you really need is to be able to show whoever it concerns what your idea is before you spend countless hours making it.

You can develope drawing skills. Go buy Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain - great book and great place to start on learning how to draw (actually, learn how to see). =]

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 4 26-01-2003 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
even i had the problem.... start drawing the things around you... will take time, but the end result is definitely worth it!!!

# 5 27-01-2003 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber
Thanks a lot guys. I will buy that book "Drawing on the right side of the brain" next time i go to a book store. As for mtmckinley, well i have seen you sketch your medusa head character and that to me is great. Kurt seems to be the best drawer i have seen on here though, real talent. Thanks Tariqrf for the advice, i will start off by drawing this speaker on my desk (A box). Then move on to my printer (laserjet, aka multiple boxes). If I ever get to the point when i can draw good i will post it on the newbie form to show you what i have learned. Maybe i could get some tips.. heh. Ok, Thanks again.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 28-01-2003 at 12:19 AM.