Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 27-03-2003 , 10:49 PM
ok, i got it to work now. TBH I think it was working all the time :/

I had tried it with geometry, but i was just using default lighting so I couldnt see the change. Also, while the value was selected in the channel box it didnt change. As that's where I was looking, and the values were selected it all resulted in me thinking it didnt work.

I feel most sorry for the guy I bugged in IRC the other day.

Oh well, thanks for all the help. Another lesson learned.

<a href="https://www.boygirldesign.co.uk">My Business</a>
# 17 30-03-2003 , 03:33 AM

<a href="https://www.boygirldesign.co.uk">My Business</a>

Last edited by Spoiler; 30-03-2003 at 01:10 PM.
# 18 30-03-2003 , 07:24 AM
holy cow!!!!! Remember to warn people, since some people with epilepsy can have a fit triggered by the light user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 19 30-03-2003 , 08:11 AM
Subscriber
NitroLiq.....I have a similar problem. I CAN change the intensity of the light without any problem but I can't make the intensity of the light change +make the light move at the same time.
So for example in your scene I want the light to change intensity and at the same time move the light from one position to another.
Can you please describe step by step how I can achieve this?

grrrr

Last edited by slickrenderer; 30-03-2003 at 12:34 PM.
# 20 30-03-2003 , 05:53 PM
Cali...I thought exactly the same thing when I watched. user added image

Slickrenderer:

It's done the same exact way as keying the intensity. Just select the name of the attribute you're trying to change in the channel box for the light, right-click and "key selected". Go to the frame you want the move to be completed at, do the move, and "Key Selected" again. (Or read up on using "auto key" so you don't have to constantly "key selected"). I've attached a modified version of the file I originally posted...this one has the intensity keyed as well as the "rotate y" keyed.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."