Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 21-06-2003 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
Ultragames - user added image - Man dont throw in the towel! What you have so far is great, and it will be a shame if you waste all the effort you have invested in it. I understand the frustration you are experiencing because we all feel that when we look at each others work. To echo what has been said, its not about winning man. everone who has learned has won.

You will feel better just having finished your project... If you dont have the time that is understandable tho'

and to go on record I like your webpage and the work on it!

# 47 21-06-2003 , 09:43 PM
How sweet Howard. user added image

Man, how long you been here? I havn't seen you before this months challenge. You seem like a good enough guy, and a great artist!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 48 22-06-2003 , 01:01 AM
ok, im going to try this. But im not shooting for a dead line. If I dont make the June 30th date, then im no go. I think im changing its use too, here the back wheels so far.

Attached Thumbnails

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 49 22-06-2003 , 02:59 AM
ULTRAGAMES: Dood, I defintitely wasn't trying to slam you bro. Im sorry if you took it that way. I guess 'implying' humor is different from actually being humorous. Anyway, I do apologize for it.

Explanation for the attempted humor...

Your name is ultragames and you have UNREAL in your web page title. Im a huge UNREAL TOURNAMENT fan, so I guess I just assumed you had some UNREAL stuff over there. That's all.
Again, sorry bro.

P.S. And don't get discouraged for whatever reason you did. I hope it wasn't because of me. Keep it up, it's looking kewl so far. And to add, your website is kewl. I like the DHTML stuff. Nice work. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu

Last edited by dave_baer; 25-06-2003 at 05:27 PM.
# 50 22-06-2003 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
Looks nice but those side wings look a lot like the ones on Blinn's entry. Assume yours will look a lot different by the end. Welcome back to the challenge though.

Last edited by Witchy; 22-06-2003 at 06:58 AM.
# 51 22-06-2003 , 06:58 AM
DANG! just saw his, man, it does dont it! CRAP! ill have to spice it up then!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 52 23-06-2003 , 06:16 AM
OK, thrusters are all but done, some bolts added to the side panneling.

Attached Thumbnails

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 53 23-06-2003 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber
looking good - glad to see you back at it user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 54 24-06-2003 , 02:37 PM
nice work! More? user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 55 24-06-2003 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
There ya go! looking good bud. user added image

# 56 25-06-2003 , 12:59 AM
The body is the hardest part... Getting there though....

Attached Thumbnails

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 57 25-06-2003 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
Ah, wow.. this is looking really nice! If your going for a curved look.. then the way your doing it so far is probably your best bet... if your going for riggid.. i would model the body all from a cube, with subdivisions and poly splits user added image. Great design! Anyways, one thing you always have to keep in mind is how to give it that extreme look user added image. Maybe also give it some help and add some jets on the bottom user added image ( i love jets). Or one big @$$ one on the back user added image. Man, if i did this challenge, my car would be wonky (and nothin compared to this). Alright, cya later.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 58 25-06-2003 , 07:12 PM
Thanks matt. But what did you mean your would look l\nothing like mine...?user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 59 25-06-2003 , 08:44 PM
I love that. I wish I had the modeling skills that you do. I just need a lot more practice, and not finishing this months competition is not helping me.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 60 01-07-2003 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber
The wheals are really nice. great detail there.. looking forward to the final render.. even if its not as fare compleat as you want it.. what you have is great and needs a chance.. LOL

Sorry I haven't bean around to post much. bean real bissy with the kids hear at home..