Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-03-2011 , 02:11 PM
Subscriber

Tweetytunes - Neil - Is very sick

Hi guys
This is Neil`s GF Charlotte and I have some bad news - I think he`s not going to be able to finish the challenge this month as he has been in hospital the last few days after what we thought was a heart attack but it turned out just to be an Anxiety attack. He has been under super amounts of stress and on Thursday night last week his body just could not take it anymore, and he collapsed in front of me. He is going to be fine and is home some point next week, but I am not letting him on a PC for a while.

Many know how hard he works on his 3D but I don`t think any of you know just how much. Since having another job go bust at Christmas (that 4 in a row) he has spent 14 hours a day sat at the computer working his ass off applying for anything he can. As well as that he’s kept the house clean, looked after the dog and cooked every meal for me for when I get home from work. I have never seen anyone work this hard, but yet unemployed. I have noticed the massive amount of weight loss he has gone through the last 3 months but thought he was just dieting or something.

He`s my hero and life has been super hard on him and it’s not fair – Simplymaya is his homepage and normally when I use his PC I just click away but being here at the moment without him I thought I would have a look around. Looking thought this forum I am so surprized to see how much support he has from you guys when it comes to his work and for that I am thankful as most pockets of the internet seem to be crap holes. I am very grateful that he has a group of people who help him with this 3D stuff as I don`t have a clue.

Any way I thought you would like to know as many people have posted in his last thread trying to help him with lights and got no reply and I am sure he will try and say thanks once he is home (Looking at wed morning at the moment)

Charlotte

# 2 07-03-2011 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
good luck on your recovery, and take it easy man ...

# 3 07-03-2011 , 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Wow. Thank goodness it wasn't a heart attack but an anxiety attack is still bad enough. Make sure he doesn't sneak any Maya time in, we'll still be here after he feels better user added image

- Genny
# 4 07-03-2011 , 04:33 PM
The thin red line
Thanks for letting us know Charlotte I hope he has a speedy recovery...........dave

# 5 07-03-2011 , 04:40 PM
Neil, here's to a speedy recovery and finding balance between everything. Take a breather (Health should be priority #1).

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 07-03-2011 , 04:43 PM
SM Tea Boy
Sorry to hear that. Life has a habit of kicking you in the nuts sometimes. Take it easy mate and as Genny said just happy it was not a full blown heart attack.

Get well
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 07-03-2011 , 05:03 PM
Wow, shocked at that.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Best

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 8 07-03-2011 , 05:37 PM
EduSciVis-er
Wishing you a fast recovery, tweety, and definitely take it easy for a while.

# 9 07-03-2011 , 05:42 PM
The Nurb Herd
terrible news, hope you have a quick recovery.

# 10 07-03-2011 , 05:53 PM
Acid44
Hey, hope he's going to be ok, all the best wishes from me, and I'm sure the rest of us here

# 11 07-03-2011 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
Sometimes life just does its own thing, its good that Tweety has support at home and it is very much appreciated that we got a heads up.

All the best, hope it works out soon

Peace

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 12 07-03-2011 , 09:20 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
hope he get well soon. best wishes

level 3 luchador!

image dump
# 13 07-03-2011 , 09:51 PM
Administrator
Sorry to hear that, life tends to give you a good kick when you already feel a bit down. All the best to you both and I hope things get better.

Nilla

# 14 07-03-2011 , 10:05 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Tell him to get well asap, I'll try and arrange to meet up with him when Im back home in Kent at some point

cheers
Jay

# 15 07-03-2011 , 10:21 PM
SM Tea Boy

Tell him to get well asap, I'll try and arrange to meet up with him when Im back home in Kent at some point

cheers
Jay

Or if you ever get any time off mate drag him down here user added image for some err medicinal drinking

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"