Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-02-2004 , 05:20 PM

Texture file importing errors

Curious if anyone else has experienced this when connecting a file node and choosing an image. Some files, no different than any other image file in the same folder, give me an error when I choose it and refuse to load. Can't understand why. They all open in photoshop fine and they're all hi-res jpg. Anyone have any ideas?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 2 14-02-2004 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
fortunately I havent had that problem yet. Maybe its the naming? I know Maya doesnt like it when I name something with just numbers, but I havent tried that with graphic files yet.

# 3 14-02-2004 , 07:05 PM
The files in question all have names and numbers (aka image001, image002, etc.) but while some open the others don't. Don't know why.

# 4 14-02-2004 , 07:20 PM
Any chance that some of the .jpg files are progressive? Afaik maya doesn't support proggressive jpegs...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 14-02-2004 , 07:22 PM
I was thinking of that earlier but didnt check. I figured since it's a pro texture CD collection that they'd produce them all in the same way. I'll take alook and post later.

EDIT: Well after checking in photoshop, all the images seem to be standard jpgs. I tried re-importing them into maya and now they all load without a problem so I'll put it in the "maya was a little buggy that day" file.