Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-03-2013 , 09:13 PM

Ncloth_Folded_Comforter

Does anyone have any suggestions for producing a nice folded bed cover on a bed? I have been playing around with Ncloth and gotten an okay rendition but cant help be wonder if there is better way then actually folding the Ncloth. Suggestions? Here is an image with the general idea of how I want the fold to work.
user added image

# 2 01-03-2013 , 10:16 PM
EduSciVis-er
When you say folded, are you referring specifically to the top part, where it's folded back on itself in front of the pillows?

# 3 02-03-2013 , 12:53 AM
Yes, that is the area I am speaking of in specific. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

# 4 02-03-2013 , 04:29 PM
EduSciVis-er
This is just a really rough idea, but this kind of geometry might get you going. I've also found this site to be a great resource on all the different attributes: https://www.joelstutz.com/nCloth.html

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 02-03-2013 , 11:00 PM
Thank you so much! The web site with the attributes is just great! What attributes did you change to get the cloth to fold over like that? I had to use a collider the translates via rotation and key frames to "push" the end of the ncloth over. Is that what you did?

# 6 02-03-2013 , 11:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
I just modelled a kind of U shape, look at the geo. Then I used one of the softer presets, can't remember which one, and dropped it on a cube.