Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-06-2003 , 12:58 PM

Detach & Reattach

Hi
I have this model but the hands need to be Orientated for rigging
(So ive read)Do i need to detach the wrists,reorientate them, then reattach then,if so,How do i do this ? Thanks

Attached Images
# 2 18-06-2003 , 01:12 PM
The Maya Mountain
polygons or nurbs? Or subDs?

If polygons, select the faces, Edit Polygons > Extract. Then you can re-orient it. To reattach, select hand and arm and Polygons > Combine. Snap and merge the points together at the seperation.

For nurbs, you select an isoparm at the wrist, Edit Nurbs > Detach. Re-orient your hand. You'll need to move the seam of the hand to match that of the arm. Select the isoparm you want to become the seam, Edit Nurbs > Move Seam.

Select the isoparm at the end of the wrist, Shift select the isoparm at the end of the arm. Edit Nurbs > Attach.

You may need to go into the attach options to adjust the attaching methods.