Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-01-2004 , 02:18 AM

Need help: flex body(max to maya) and making fire

Guyys, user added image i tryied to get help here in brazil but really NONE helped me!!!!!
my last hope it´s you there! outside this .... "little country i live"... well, my english it´s not good for technical things but i´ll try:
do you know MAX? well it has a tool called RELAX that makes points with dummies that control the movements of parts like a women chest when the women dance or run...well, i really need to know how to do it in Maya, if you know, at least say me what tool do i have to use to get this effect, so i promisse i´ll learn the rest. user added image
The other thing it´s, how can i make fire in Maya? I know there is a way to do it using Particles, but i don´t know how too....like to make a ball of fire....can someone help me? i´ll be thankfull for good!
user added image
:bgreen:

PillBox Animation Studios
Iná Leite Duarte
www.pillbox.com.br

Last edited by azhhael; 16-01-2004 at 12:20 PM.
# 2 16-01-2004 , 02:38 AM
The Maya Mountain
The only "dummy" object I know of in Max is like a null object that is there to act like a handle of sorts. Maya's equivalent is called a "locator" which is under the Create menu.

Under dynamics, there's a pre-set fire command under Effects > Create Fire.

# 3 16-01-2004 , 02:38 AM
Subscriber
You might want to take a look at softbodies for bouncing boobs user added image As for fire, i don't think any 3d application can make what i consider good fire, ok for an animation i guess. I'd look to get some footage of real fire and use particle sprites. Maya already has a preset for creating fire you can take a look at, under Dynamics/Effects.

# 4 16-01-2004 , 02:39 AM
The Maya Mountain
Maya 5's fluid effects pre-sets have some neat fire stuff, too.

# 5 16-01-2004 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber
I think what you might be talking about with the dummies part is the maya verstion of a goal object for a soft body.

you make your soft body, with a copy that is a goal.. you can paint weights on the soft body.. so only sertin parts of the object are afected much. like just for the breast. you would have a goal of .5 but the rest that you don't want to bounce would be a 1.

# 6 16-01-2004 , 04:47 AM

THANK U!!!

WAW!!!! Thank U!!!! In the morning it will be the first think i´ll try to do....any questions...well.....guys, i call u at the same time.
THANX!!! LOVE U ALL!:bgreen: user added image

Iná Leite Duarte
www.pillbox.com.br
# 7 16-01-2004 , 12:21 PM
Guys, i just knew that the tool in the Max that makes the body parts swing it´s not RELAX but FLEX.
I am trying to do the things u said me.....but if someone can help me with more infromations, thank u!

Iná Leite Duarte
www.pillbox.com.br