Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-10-2002 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber

First Ever WIP

Here is a picture of the first polygon model I've done without following a tutorial. It's nowhere near done but I wanted to post a few pics to get a little feedback. I'm working on the face right now and will go back and do the hands and legs later. Its going to be a cartoony space soldier so I plan on going back over it with nurbs to give it a more armored look.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 23-10-2002 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber

another picture

Here is another picture of the character

~GateKeeper
# 3 23-10-2002 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
I have no clue to this sort of modeling, (I prefer nurbs) but I look forward to see more of this.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 4 24-10-2002 , 02:16 AM
Good start. You might want to widen the arms a bit, they are a little to skinny. Also make the abdomen a bit longer. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Keep it up.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 24-10-2002 , 09:11 AM
Supreme Being
nice start man.. just take care of the points kurt said and you're well on your way.. :p
keep it up..

# 6 24-10-2002 , 04:05 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tips. I'm actually surprised at the model. It's turning out better than I had hoped.

~GateKeeper