Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-02-2004 , 05:54 AM

Cloth driven Dynamics

Here's my problem. I want to have a cloth object drive the movement of another object. Specifically, I want to have a rope attached to a block, and have that rope pull. I know that an object can drive cloth, but can't figure out how to reverse the effect. I've got the end of the ropes attached to locators, so when the locators move, that end of the rope moves, but I can't figure out how to get the other end of the rope to effect the block.

# 2 27-02-2004 , 06:09 AM
Maybe try attaching the cloth to the block using a mesh constraint, then animate the block the cloth should hopefully follow.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb