Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-01-2007 , 08:09 PM
Subscriber

--Dragon rigging and wings

hey all! how r u all?
well, im in a bit of a pickle, im creating a 'bone dragon' for a project of mine (to be animated in maya vector) and i need a few bits of help if possible.

firstly, im confused as to how i am to rig the wings so they are simple enough to animate. i know how to use IK handels and stuff, im just at a loss in how to make it work well.
any tutorials you know would be great

finally, i would like to know what to use for in between the three large bones of the wings, as like a material.

please let me know how i can do these things. thank you!

(here's what i have so far):
user added image

# 2 25-01-2007 , 08:12 PM
In the maya help files it goes over IK and has some tutorials on it, that should get you going.

as for the wing materials, do you need them if its just going to be bones??

If you do I would be tempted to extrude from the bones and meet them up, if you know what i mean, that is just to get a basic look.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 25-01-2007 , 08:57 PM
# 4 25-01-2007 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
as for the wing materials, do you need them if its just going to be bones??

nah, it needs to be able to fly still, lol.

btw, that tutorial link given by pixelsoul is good, but far to complicated for what im looking for. i just want something with like a 3-4 bone skeleton for the wings.

any of you play world of warcraft? i'd like the wings to work like those pryphons and stuff. simple yet effective.