Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-03-2004 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber

How do you add "edit points" to a curve?

You can right-click a curve and select "Edit Point" to view the points of a curve. (not the same as vertices remember...) Is there any way to add a point to a curve in a specific place or at least add many points uniformally to the entire curve yet keep the EXACT original curvature?

Reason I'm asking is because I created a curve from an isoparm of a surface, need to cut it in a specific place, yet still need it to line up perfectly with the surface edge I duplicated it from. None of the current edit points are where I need to cut the curve, hence why I would like to add one.

Last edited by Darkware; 13-03-2004 at 04:22 AM.
# 2 13-03-2004 , 04:31 AM
The Maya Mountain
Right click and select Curve Point. You can then pick any point on the curve as a point of detaching or whatnot.

# 3 13-03-2004 , 04:35 AM
Subscriber
Ahhhh.... in all the tutorials I have gone through online, all have said to detach or delete portions of curves by selecting "edit points" so that's why I figured I had to add more. Guess I just got that so embedded into my head that I forgot that "curve points" were used for more than just adding extra knots to your curve. lol

Thanks a lot Mike.