Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-09-2004 , 05:24 PM

Sound Mels?

Hey people, I was wondering what my options were if I was to control audio within maya? Audiowave what I can get only seems to work for maya 4.5, and the other soundpanel.mel doesn't work either. Any though, perhaps how I could create a sound volume control node myself? My goal is to control particles with sound :o

# 2 07-09-2004 , 05:33 PM
Oh, and is there a way to auto. hear the sound files you got in your timeline when you click the play button? So far all I can hear is when I drag the frames manually over the time line.

# 3 07-09-2004 , 06:28 PM
Ghe, solved the hearing problem, luckely before someone could rtfm me with that; it was in the docs all along. Still don't know how to create a volume node etc though :o user added image user added image

# 4 07-09-2004 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
Since you have sound going, look around in the outliner see if there isn't a node in there for the sound.. I haven't played with sound yet.. but its possible there is a node already in your seen since you got the sound in for animation. If you find a node in your outliner for the sound on the animation.. there is a chance you can find a volume attribute off it that you can plug in to something else. Like say a multiply / divide node wired on in to the emissions property of the particles.

# 5 11-09-2004 , 03:10 PM
Still no clue, couldn't find anything user added image

# 6 01-10-2004 , 08:48 PM
And -still- nothing, couldn't find scripts about it either :\

# 7 01-10-2004 , 09:39 PM
sorry, don't know any... i like to keep sound and graphics creation apps separate user added image

I mean if you know what's in the sound, what the beat or timing is etc; it's propably easier to get your particles moving by the traditional means...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 03-10-2004 , 09:54 AM
I am not TOO sure of this but I think mixmiester has a wave matching to mix diffrent rythms which you could also get bitmap outputs some what like that you see on the alcemy of the media player.

If you convert this to a smaller image format and create a legal image sequance you can create a per particle behaviour according to the values extracted from the sequence. Actually if I am wrong and MixMiester doesn't have such an attribute you can always play the wave in the media player and sceeen capture it as it plays the scribly little images with related softwares.

Other than this I have literally no idea of how to help out. Nodes and vectoral values is as far as I go.

# 9 03-10-2004 , 07:20 PM
It hit me later on...
you miight want to give this a go.

If you go to the plug-ins section or do a power search you can find the plugin mentioned. there are some more there that may give you light or at the least you may be able to find helo from it.

good luck...