Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-02-2005 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber

unusual 3d behaviors

Hey,

I just re-installed maya on my PC just a few days ago and i've been realising that stuff like my 3d text screensaver, and sometimes when im in maya.. everything all the sudden runs so slow its as if I was on a old 500MHZ pc or something user added image. Its not like im running on bad equipment either.. I have a ATI Radeon 9700, a P4 2.4 ghz system and 1.5 Gigabytes of ram. Plus a P4S8X motherboard ( i beleive). Maybe its something with my graphics card? I don't know.. but its upsetting me how every things like maya can just seize up like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 08-02-2005 , 01:10 AM
may be its your windows,i had this trouble,i removed my windows and re-installed it again and it worked so welluser added image

# 3 08-02-2005 , 01:12 AM
Subscriber
Thanks user added image,

well its not such a big deal that i'd want to uninstall and re-install windows. But if it gets bad i'll give that a try (Y).

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 08-02-2005 , 12:52 PM
It sounds like you might have a virus.

# 5 09-02-2005 , 06:12 PM
Subscriber
Turn off your screensaver (no one really needs it) Select your model tap F4 deletes your history hit F5 and turn off all running programs except the ones that your using at that moment, Maya is a Memory whore, it uses every thing. I get the same problem as you described and this is how I fix the problem. Any ways.