Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-06-2003 , 11:25 PM

Drawing

Just a drawing of a new character that i'll be developing once my new reel is done.

Attached Images

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 19-06-2003 , 01:53 AM
The Maya Mountain
Looks good, Kurt!

# 3 19-06-2003 , 01:54 AM
good stuff bro. keep um coming,

# 4 19-06-2003 , 12:24 PM
Kevin
Your art has a very "kurt" like look! I really like it mate!

great image

# 5 20-06-2003 , 08:22 AM
Subscriber
i m agree with kev your drawing is "kurt " style and for me the "kurt" style is a "source of inspiration" :bow: :bow: every time i see your drawing i print them and try to draw them !

thx a lot kurt !! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 6 20-06-2003 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber
Nice!!

# 7 20-06-2003 , 12:20 PM
Thanks guys.. didnt know I had a following=).... Cyrius best way to learn is by looking and trying to see how it was done.

I can post up some of my eariler stuff if you want ...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 8 20-06-2003 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
Wow Realy realy,,is the free hand? or a drawing program?

# 9 20-06-2003 , 07:54 PM
Freehand mate.. I have a Degree in fine art.

# 10 21-06-2003 , 08:41 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kurt
Freehand mate.. I have a Degree in fine art.

Well that explains a lot now user added image

the pic is really cool! I love it!

-Emo

# 11 21-06-2003 , 11:18 AM
very nice! damn u and your degree... sorry i just want one too... can you mail it to me user added image ?
-Laurie

FX supervisor - double negative
# 12 21-06-2003 , 02:17 PM
OOOOO... We're handing out dergees? I would like a Masters of Digital Media Technology please. About how long till that's done?

user added image HAHA user added image

Hey nice drawings. I've always enjoyed your drawings, ever since i've been on the site. Cool work. :thumbsup:

- Matt
# 13 21-06-2003 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
I dont mean to be a posting whore but, Maybe you can give pointers on drawing on your site or here for people who cant draw worth a Sh!t like me, so we can become better modelers..I feel I have good I deas to build something but when I try to put it on paper it don't come out the way I want it to look.You and adlde should put a little Drawing tip page on the site, I think it would Rock hard core For the drawing impaired,,, then what the hell do i know.user added image

# 14 21-06-2003 , 05:30 PM
I'll talk to Kev about the drawing forum.. Might be better at simply3d world when it gets up and running... As far as drawing skills..... thats whats great about 3D, all you need is a basic idea in your head and sketch it out (line drawing or scribbles) your drawing ablity dosen't have to match what you see inside your head. As long as you have a clear picture in your mind.

To be honest with you.... what helps me more than anything is the way I can see an object and break it down in my mind... Not just being able to draw. That's what art school taught me.... But if you practise drawing, now matter what skill level your at... with every new attempt you will train your eyes to see line, form and even textures.

The last thing that I found helps me is i took 2 terms of sculpting and that more than the drawing helps me in my modeling. Try getting some clay and play with it. You will be amazed how much you will learn...

Well heres a little creep I did to fit in the story I have for the boy...

Attached Images

Last edited by Kurt; 21-06-2003 at 05:32 PM.
# 15 21-06-2003 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber
Dam dude you work is awsome, Thanks for the tip,,hehe I printed it out to Inspire me.user added image