Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 46 17-08-2009 , 03:42 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Steve

Those are great ideas and if i had another month i would model the whole scenery with it but as i stated before i would rather make one good thing then the whole sjabang and nothing really good.
On that note i worked through all night( i spend hours modeling the bastard, so i didn't care how but there would be a final image), i am devastated but happy that i finished the job user added image
the image below is a render i did really like but the one that for me is the "better" image is posted in the final entry section.

Attached Thumbnails
# 47 17-08-2009 , 01:54 PM
Cool, be nice to see this get finished off later.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 48 17-08-2009 , 02:56 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" Cool, be nice to see this get finished off later."

-I have a lot of those projects at the moment, but i think i will finish this one off
Thanks for the tip about importing a higher subd level from Z to Maya.
I don't what you use for creating your normalmap probably ZBrush or Maya.
I use a program called XNormal it can handle a lot more poly's than maya and creates a quicker and better normal map then ZBRush.
It's also free user added image
https://www.xnormal.net/1.aspx

# 49 17-08-2009 , 03:05 PM
Cheers Mastone for the link. I use Zbrush.

I got the tip about getting higher geos out of Z from a WIP of a tortured sould type character.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle