Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-02-2017 , 04:07 AM

Mesh not displaying UV's correctly!

Hello, first time poster here. I'm studying game development and for a class I was working on a model of a head that I'd used in a previous version of Maya that I'd transferred over to a new version. (This might be part of the problem). Anyways, I've been trying to apply a texture to it and I'm getting this strange error. (The current texture is just a placeholder to test if the UV map I made is working correctly.) It's probably worth noting that the eyes had the same problem, I ended up modeling a new pair of eyes to replace the buggy ones, meaning the problem is not with the UV's but with the mesh itself. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. I've included screenshots of the problem areas and a link to the model itself in case someone needs to take a look at the model itself.

Link to the model: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...d/ManHead02.mb

user added image

user added image

user added image

Last edited by Otaku with a Shotgun; 15-02-2017 at 04:10 AM.
# 2 16-02-2017 , 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
It’s likely that you have more than one UV set. In the UV Editor you can see them listed under the “UV Sets” menu. Seeing as how one of them is a complete mess, you could just delete it in the UV Set Editor.

- Genny
# 3 17-02-2017 , 03:45 AM
That fixed it! Thanks, I was asking my teacher about this and he had no idea. I'll be sure to share this with him.