Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-09-2005 , 04:22 AM

uh oh, weird deforming

whenever i attatch a joint to some shapes, and then move some joints, it deforms the geometry@@!11 :headbang: :headbang:

where can i find a tutorial for rigging something to a joint in maya 7 or even 6???

# 2 24-09-2005 , 02:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'd imagine you'd need to paint the joint weighting. 99% of the time, clicking the bind button doesn't result in a satisfactory binding and requires some fine-tuning.

# 3 24-09-2005 , 03:03 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
I'd imagine you'd need to paint the joint weighting. 99% of the time, clicking the bind button doesn't result in a satisfactory binding and requires some fine-tuning.

kthx, ill try to find a tutorial on that:bandit:

# 4 24-09-2005 , 07:46 PM

Re: uh oh, weird deforming

Originally posted by sk8ermike6789
whenever i attatch a joint to some shapes, and then move some joints, it deforms the geometry@@!11 :headbang: :headbang:

where can i find a tutorial for rigging something to a joint in maya 7 or even 6???

Its supposed to deform the geometry... human meshes are generally a single mesh -- so the only way to animate them is shift around the verticies weighted depending on distance to joint (though like McKinley said -- they just guess and 99% of the time you need to specify manually)

Don't know how to do it personally (yet) or else I'd help you. Sorry.