Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-12-2006 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber

Rendering a movie

I've downloaded Mcs tut on rendering movies however videomach is no longer available on download.com or anywhere else that I have found any other ways to render movies in maya 7 using only maya or can someone send me a copy of videomach or a download link to me please post link or send copy to
Graphiac@yahoo.com

# 2 15-12-2006 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber
just did a google and got 370,000 hits??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 15-12-2006 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber

# 4 16-12-2006 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber

Thanks for the link

it worked great but when I do my batch render I cannot find where the frames have been saved it says it was saved in Maya Projects when I click he movie real thing next to the render button can someone tell me how to simply save my batch render to my desktop?

# 5 19-12-2006 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber
how long you been using maya?? i dont mean that in any condesending way, just curious. you might find the files/AVI in your 'images' folder, where they came from (at a guess) or do a search (start/search/...) and look for the name of the files/AVI, or at least the extention. i dont think your desktop is the best place for, i would assume your AVI ; i'd make a folder in 'my documents' or on the hard drive, but you might have your own reasons.

your question, when it asks if you want to save, or you 'save as' it is YOU who determines where the file goes, you know how to do this??

under where you put the name of your new AVI you can use that to navigate to wjere ever you want it to be saved to.

# 6 19-12-2006 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber

Okay

I'll try the search method I'm a real noob to maya I've worked in poser and shade for about 3 years but and they have ways to render movies. However its automated and saves it to your projects folder so this processes is a little new to me

# 7 19-12-2006 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
No stress, maya does the same thing.

If you've not created a project yet, look in the
MyDocuments\Maya\projects\default\images directory
that's where your renders are ending up at the moment.

To create a new project, here's a process you can use.
1)File->Project->New
2)In the Name field, enter the name e.g SimplyMaya
3)Hit the Use Defaults button
4)Hit the accept button

you've now got a new bunch of directories that resembles the directory structutre found under default.
Having done these 4 steps, you'll now find all your renders ending up in MyDocuments\Maya\projects\SimplyMaya\images

Kurt goes through this process in (at least) one of the free tutes found on this site. I think it was the human or the dog.

btw, if ** I ** enter C:\Documents and Settings\enhzflep\Desktop\Render(change enhzflep to reflect your windows username) in the "FileNamePrefix" option box in the Render Settings window, the renders will end up on my desktop, with the name Render.XXX - If you don't set the Image Format option to AVI, you'll end up with a _heap_ of files on your desktop. = NOT COOL..

NOTE: This is really not the right way to go about this, but it will accomplish what you asked for. You'd really be better off if you checked out a tute that's covered this already.

EDIT: I've just checked, and it's the first part of the Basic Human Form tute that goes through this in more detail.

Simon

Last edited by enhzflep; 20-12-2006 at 02:46 AM.
# 8 20-12-2006 , 03:43 AM
Subscriber
mate, really you need a basics tut, or a book called 'foundation' released by maya/alias/autodesk?? whatever whoever they are now??

if your serious about maya, this approach to the basics, asking on SM, will take forever.

if you get the foundation book, there are differant ones for maya 6 through to 8, as far as i know though, but the basics are the same.

invest in that and you will learn more in one week than trying by correspondance through this medium than in 6 months, but if you prefer the company, up to you?

if you do not know how to create a project then really, get that book and follow Simon's advice because that simple way of creating a project he has descibed (via one of Kurt's free tuts i should imagine, and if you download just one of the free tuts too, well all answers about creating a project is answered there and then) is ommitted from the book, the book does everything the long way (instead of hit defaults it tells you to type in every folder in 'edit project' before 'set project', and thats a drag but at least you know what it is all about).

show us the results when done, t?? you will get a lot of advice that way.

# 9 20-12-2006 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber

I'm way ahead of you

I got the maya 7 foundation book tonight I'm serious about learning maya. The workflow of maya is much different from anything I've every used. Getting closer every click I guess...