Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 27-03-2010 , 12:31 PM
The thin red line
Hi Mayaniac
Could be me, I think it looks good any way, I stopped doing the project I was doing to do some zbrush stuff and that is down to you LOL..........hope to post some thing soon.........dave

# 32 27-03-2010 , 02:43 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
@Dango: LOL yeah, I hand't noticed that. Thanks for the comments.

@Dave: Yeah, Would be cool to see some of your stuff.. Avatar was really good. Thanks for the comments.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 33 27-03-2010 , 03:52 PM
Lifetime Member
Man all I can say is WOW, you are talented cobber!!! You certainly have the anatomical side down pat! well done bro

Cheers bullet

PS I agree with Dango, George Lucas (ceptin the body).

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 34 27-03-2010 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
nice!

i'd like to see that tree rumpf that you were doing some long long time ago in a land far far away

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 35 28-03-2010 , 01:09 AM
@Bullet: Thanks man. I appreciate the comments.

@what's his face :p : Thanks man, Yeah I still have the concept sketch floating around on my hard drive. I don't have any plans of starting him yet, but I have started the Baron... if you recall that one.

Thanks for the comments D!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 36 28-03-2010 , 01:38 AM
Lifetime Member
P.S I just love your profile statement mate, I piss myself laughing every time I read it!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 37 01-04-2010 , 09:31 AM
Subscriber
I have never got around to doing organic charactor stuff (cause i think its hard)

Needless to say your model does nothing to convince me otherwise, looks fantastic:bow:

free memory low..exception thrown
# 38 01-04-2010 , 10:04 AM
Lifetime Member
I think its hard too BUT if you lok at the human body or any organic they really are just lines like mechs. Its just a matter of altering/warping the way you think about it I reckon?

bullet1968

# 39 01-04-2010 , 03:15 PM
@paldav: Thanks man. It's no harder than most other subjects of modeling, hard-surface modeling, etc. It's just about learning the subject matter.... and never expecting to stop learning.

@Bullet: Thanks. Yeah, I forget where I first saw the quote. But I thought it was great..

And, yeah, you're right a lot of the process is about the lines, but you have to consider the forms and the underlying structure, and how if effects the surface. It's all good fun though.

Thanks for the comments.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 40 01-04-2010 , 11:45 PM
Lifetime Member
Yes that is something I didnt think of Mayaniac, the underlying structures!!! At least with mechs you dont have to worry too much about that. I would like to try an organic tut once Im finished with Kurts Spitfire, just to expose myself to another form. You really do great work man

BTW the reason behind my madness, the wife gets cranky cos of the time I spend on Maya. As she is a fanatic of Eeyore I want to do one for her, I tried one but without ref images, just a photo and my eyes. It was ok but thats why I need to be more comfortable with the nurb nightmare, bahahaha

cheers bullet

bullet1968

Last edited by bullet1968; 01-04-2010 at 11:52 PM.
# 41 01-04-2010 , 11:58 PM
Really good sculpting work.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675