Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 29-04-2010 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
Hey Tweety, At the mo im not gonna do the other weapons and ive had to make these blades a little bigger because its lego. The handle must be a certain size, which means the blade has to match that... I could prob shrink it a little but i kinda like it this big lol

- Big Tom
www.digitaltom.co.uk
# 32 29-04-2010 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
looks awesome!
nice blades, you don't need the guards on them though
how'd you make them? extruding polygons or lofting?

the part of the wrist doesn't matter i think, since no one will see it (not where it connects to the hand but where it's inserted into the arm) unless you plan on chopping the hand off user added image (which would be sad to see on kratos user added image)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 33 30-04-2010 , 07:56 AM
Subscriber
Well since im trying to make it as if it were going into a game then having it possible to see each part individually from any angle is kind of important. I also dont want to lose the toy aspect of the character so i think the guard on the blade is important as it adds to it and i need some way to connect the blade to the handle.

As far as modeling the blade goes simple box modeling and then just scaled the edges in. Ive scaled the blades down a bit too they were def a fraction large lol even if it did look cool it didnt fit the character.

- Big Tom
www.digitaltom.co.uk
# 34 30-04-2010 , 08:10 AM
Subscriber
Having all the bits is also good if you blow them up (hehe)

Shame your not doing all the weapons, but hay your project

# 35 08-06-2010 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber
Hey Guys, sorry for the vanishing act again. Work and life keeping me busy. Back on track again to get this finished... one day lol. But i am alive!

- Big Tom
www.digitaltom.co.uk
# 36 09-06-2010 , 12:28 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahahaha welcome to my world bt!! bahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes