Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-06-2003 , 01:08 AM
Subscriber

are 3 point polys acceptable?

When modeling polys for subdivision should I keep everything 4 points? or can I be lazy and get away with 3 once in a while? will this cause problems in subdivision?

thanx!

example:

Attached Images
# 2 12-06-2003 , 01:19 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's good to keep as much as you can with 4-sided. It's hard to avoid 3-sided 100%, so don't worry if you have a few.

# 3 12-06-2003 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber
thanx Mike!

# 4 09-07-2003 , 09:30 AM
Subscriber
Doesn't Mental Ray have problems with 3 sided subD objects? If so, (and I could be wrong!) it becomes more important to find ways of revising the mesh to stick with 4 sided. This is especially true if you're working in a professional team environment. You never know who is going to render your model in what renderer!