Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-03-2007 , 08:17 AM

My clothes on my character don't animate

Heya guys

Thanks to that Maya cloth tutorial, I managed to get my cloth to wrap in my character and now its in the state I am happy with. My character is rigged and when I move any part, for example, if I move his arm, the cloth don't move/animate.

Aren't I suppose to get a realtime cloth reation/animation? I asked 2 boards this question and I really didn't get a result

Any suggestion would be sooooo appreciated user added image :bow:

EDIT: Sorry guys, I posted this in the animation forum, I though this will fit under the newbie forum :blush:

Ouch Maya! Take it easy
# 2 19-03-2007 , 12:44 PM
I assume clothing is a difficult subject. Any suggestion would be still appreciated but I think I saw a video dealing with clothing. I guess I'm going to get it user added image user added image

Ouch Maya! Take it easy
# 3 19-03-2007 , 02:59 PM
Senior Software Developer
Cloth will not simulate when you scrub along the timeline. Delete the cache and then allow the simulation to run, create a playblast to see the results. IF still no joy it could mean that the collision was not created correctly.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 19-03-2007 , 07:29 PM
Thx R@nSiD. lol I though that when the cloth simulate to the state you want that they'll animate in real time. But yea, it did actually work.

Now when I move my character, his pants drops off user added image

Ouch Maya! Take it easy