Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-09-2013 , 05:56 AM
Lifetime Member

F hotkey stops working

Hi All, I'm having an interesting problem and am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem (and found a solution?user added image).

I'm using Maya 2012 and press the F hotkey to frame the current object, but after I've been working for a while it won't work anymore, (all my other hotkeys work fine and I definitely don't have caps lock on) the only way I can get it to work again is to close and re-open Maya.user added image Obviously this is starting to annoy me as it's getting more frequent.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 2 09-09-2013 , 06:53 PM
EduSciVis-er
As far as I know, the f hotkey only works when a modelling panel is "active"... is it possible that the focus has been moved to the attribute editor or something? If you tumble in the modelling view, does f begin to work again?

# 3 09-09-2013 , 09:28 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi stwert, I'm definitely in an active panel when I try. I move all around but it refuses to frame the object I've selected.

I read on the web that Alt+RMB dragging in and out fixed this problem for some people but unfortunately it doesn't for me.

Cheers, the Yeti.