Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-09-2013 , 01:59 AM

Tutorial on designing 3D structures

Hi, I've recently started learning maya so that I can create custom models for games in unity. But I am becoming increasingly frustrated while looking for the right tutorials. Can anyone link me to a tutorial where I can learn to make buildings/structure that have an interior as well as an exterior that I can import into unity and use. Thank you so much ahead of time!

# 2 07-09-2013 , 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
Since Maya is not a drafting program it'll probably be difficult to find a lot of training for specifically that(now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing any). It most definitely can be done, even better if you have blueprints, it's really a matter of learning the modeling tools.

- Genny
# 3 08-09-2013 , 06:21 AM
It can be done with Maya but it can be a bit time consuming. You might want to look into sketchup. You'll have to convert to a format that can be imported into Unity. Also, structural modeling programs like this will not be smoothable so you'll have unnatural razor sharp edges. (Very CG looking).

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675