Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 106 16-09-2006 , 01:44 PM
@ echo red - thanx man im using final gather in mental ray.
@j5ive - thanx as for the centre line i havent combined both sides that why its still there but ill fix that.
@ arran - ill try rending with different colours to see which one suits this car better.

# 107 17-09-2006 , 01:55 PM
Acid44
crs coming along nicely you should try a red with gold flake on it(just a suggestion)

btw when you make the tutorial for the tires could you pm me wiht the link

# 108 17-09-2006 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
hahaha farr... looks crazy dude..! love it :attn:

# 109 20-09-2006 , 03:09 AM
@ acid44 - thats a good idea but you normally see that combination on old schol or hot rods. for thet tutorial sure it will be free so everyone will get the link.
@ marlonjohn - thanx man i appreciate the comments

# 110 20-09-2006 , 03:23 AM
Acid44
true it is used in them but it can look good depending on what u like

an as for the tutorial sweet
:attn: :attn: :attn:

# 111 20-09-2006 , 03:21 PM
Hey younglion, you might want to try to render with Renderman. It's some other rendering plugin. I'm sure there's a trial version somewhere.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 112 01-10-2006 , 08:51 AM
thanx man i have seen renderman in action and its amazing but ill stick with mental ray for now, when i have time ill probably learn more about renderman.
anyways here are some updates, but im changing the steering wheel and some interior elements.
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 113 03-10-2006 , 12:19 PM
Looks perfect man.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 114 03-10-2006 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
Tires are floating, but other than that great job user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 115 03-10-2006 , 08:53 PM
Whole thing look nice But have do more work on car

# 116 04-10-2006 , 01:21 AM
I have been following your thread for some time now and have thought of a couple critiques.

1. the seams where the rear bumper meets the rear quarter panel looks too soft compared to the front bumper and front quarter panel seam. at first, I thought this was just me but in each render, and from every angle, this sort of stuck out.

2. your lines have a definate square and hard angle theme to them but your door handle is the opposite. it is very round and looks out of place. I don't think many car designers would mix those types of looks.

3. even though you haven't merged the halves, the top of the front windshield looks too pointy. maybe it's just me?

4. the mirror looks to be an integral part of the door. What about making a piece that the mirror attaches to? Maybe a seam for a folding mirror like most production cars?

5. the piece that "connects" the two side windows would probably not be a continuous piece from the roof to the rear quarter. maybe try a nice seam on the top and bottom with a semi gloss or satin black shader.

just as a suggestion, why not try making the front blinker/reflector into the hard seam along the tire?

where is the antenna? will there be one?

The studio render is coming along nicely except it still looks a little dark and gives away that it is cg quickly. I very much like the design. You are making it much harder for us to critique. Keep us posted user added image

# 117 04-10-2006 , 09:52 AM
@echo red - thanx man
@blomkaal - yea about that its a shadow problem a bottom piece of the tire actually goes thru the ground.
@gaganjain - i want to ge the interior done well first then correct the outer part of the car.
@jasonnator - thanx for taking time to point out those errors and for the suggestion, ill work on those stuff but as i said earlier interior first then exterior.user added image

# 118 19-10-2006 , 11:12 AM
Acid44
i just noticed this and i have to bug about it

the paddles behind the steering wheel are as far as i know racing style shifters but you already have a shifter so why did u put those in??

looking good though still:bow:

# 119 19-10-2006 , 12:02 PM

Originally posted by acid44
i just noticed this and i have to bug about it

the paddles behind the steering wheel are as far as i know racing style shifters but you already have a shifter so why did u put those in??

looking good though still:bow:

On some cars you can switch between them, say use the gear stick for "Casual" mode then go to the paddels for "sports" mode.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 120 19-10-2006 , 01:02 PM
Acid44
never thought about that but i guess most ferraris (my fave:attn: ) pose a good example